Selmer Paris "Privilège Evolution" A Clarinet
Henri Selmer Paris is proud to announce a new generation to their models of clarinets, the Évolution Series. Henri Selmer Paris clarinets are renown for their incredible consistency, tone quality, great intonation, and incredible quality. The Évolution Series brings an element of reliability and stability that has never before been seen in the professional clarinet world. Due to the features of the material and production process we use on the upper joints, the following advantages are achieved:
- Greater stability in dimensional variation: the bore does not move or change and the reliability of the fit of the barrel onto the upper joint is improved
- Waterproof: no more cracks
- Better thermal conductivity: the instrument heats up and gets to pitch more quickly
- Smoother response on all registers
- Each evolution upper joint is indicated with a small star near the serial number
The Privilège clarinets are exceptionally consistent in tuning, blending easily with other instruments in all acoustic settings including symphony, opera, large ensemble, chamber and in the studio. The perfectly balanced throat tone area (E, F, F#, G) really shines, making the Privilège extremely consistent over the entire range of the instrument. Additionally, most notes do not require corrective fingerings to be tuned, and extra correction keys are not necessary for notes in the low register (E and F).
The Privilege model clarinets are one of the most unique playing clarinets on the market, using a slightly larger bore while still maintaining a very rich and full tone. This mixture gives the clarinetist the best of both worlds.
- Key: A
- Pitch: 442
- Bore diameter:14.60 mm/ 0.574 inch
- Delivered with two barrels (conical bore): 65.5 & 66.5 mm common to B-flat and A. Bore: 15mm.
- System: Standard Boehm N°1B (17 Keys, 6 Rings)
- Left-hand Eb lever
- Barrels, body joints and bell: Grenadilla wood
- Keywork: Silver plated Nickel Silver Metal tenon sockets (male + female)
- White leather pads with a metal booster in the low register. White Gore-Tex pads for the remaining body except for 12th key with cork
- Blue steel springs
- Two-color ring: gold-plated/matte black chrome-plated
- Weight: 825 gr