Selmer Paris B16PresenceEV Evolution Clarinet
Henri Selmer Paris is proud to announce a new generation to their models of clarinets, the Évolution Series. Henri Selmer Paris clarinets are renown for their incredible consistency, tone quality, great intonation, and incredible quality. The Évolution Series brings an element of reliability and stability that has never before been seen in the professional clarinet world.
Due to the features of the material and production process we use on the upper joints, the following advantages are achieved:
- Greater stability in dimensional variation: the bore does not move or change and the reliability of the fit of the barrel onto the upper joint is improved
- Waterproof: no more cracks
- Better thermal conductivity: the instrument heats up and gets to pitch more quickly
- Smoother response on all registers
- Each evolution upper joint is indicated with a small star near the serial number
Thanks to its innovative bore design, this clarinet has unique acoustic qualities that provide ease of emission, exceptional homogeneity and above all an instrument that is easy to play. The sound of the Presence Evolution clarinet is a mix of harmonic richness, and timbre; essential characteristics to the instrument. Also, the research done on the position and size of the tone holes has given this clarinet unrivaled intonation. Specifically designed keys, as well as new key orientations and positions, provide unmatched mechanical precision and response combined with player comfort. Presence clarinets are available in B-flat and A with two key-work finishes available: silver or nickel as an option. An E-flat lever is also available as an option.
The grenadilla wood is selected, delicately worked, naturally treated, lacquered and waterproofed for protection and finish at the top of its class. This clarinet comes equipped with Valentino pads, preferred by many clarinetists and recommended by experienced repairers for their seal, stability, and durability.
- Key: B-flat
- Tuning: 440-442 Hz
- Barrel: 66.5mm
- Keywork: silver-plated or nickel silver as an option
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Valentino pads
- Optional E-flat lever
- Henri Selmer Paris C85 120 mouthpiece
- Presence case